Thursday, November 27, 2008

Kanye Kanye Kanye


You know, upon first listening to the song Love Lockdown off of Kanye West's new CD "808s and Heartbreak" I was kind of wary about his new CD. But after giving my full attention to this CD, I must say that is was well worth the listen, and even more so the purchase.

If I haven't said it before I'm a huge Kanye fan, but even being so, this new approach that Kanye is taking in his muscial career had me a bit puzzeled. This CD, according to Kanye, and the album itself, is about Heartbreak, of course, with the recent break up of him and his fiancee Alexis Phifer.

West has stated that he doesnt't care about album sales or critiques, but it's just an album straight from his soul.

With West's intricate use of the 808 drum machine (after which the album is also aptly titled) and the Auto-Tune pitch corrector technology.

West's has personally stated that he loves the machine and uses it on every song on "808s and Heartbreak". West sings a lot on the album, and uses this device, which most people will know from songs by T-Pain, to correct his pitch and give his voice an electronic sound.

So far critiques of the album are either very good or very bad. The Washington Post said that the album is an "information age masterpiece. While on the other hand The New York Times said that West "can't sing, and this is how the album will be ultimately remembered."

I beg to differ, Kanye West can sing on this album, if only from the use of the Auto-Tuner. Almost every song on this album attracts me in some way but particularly the songs Heartless, Amazing (ft. Young Jeezy), See you in my nightmares, and Coldest Winter.

This album, which I think everyone should listen to at least once, is filled with emotion, and even though some people may say that Kanye is emo, I don't see anything wrong with that.

At the very least, Kanye West is going to do exactly what he wants to do, whenever he wants to do it, and fortunately for all of us, that always seems to work out for the best.

(The image above was acquired from Kanye West's blog, and the video below was acquired from Yahoo's Launch.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude please check out my FREE LP and write a review - I am from Zimbabwe and I just need to know if it sounds good or not ?? get it here in the download section www.gandanga.com

Anonymous said...

Создание сайта будь то сайт – визитка, корпоративный сайт, [url=https://webprospekt24.ru/prodvizhenie-sajtov-bratsk]продвижение товара[/url], интернет магазин или мощный портал проходит в несколько этапов.
Некоторые способы и стратегии продвижения сайта